Thursday, November 21, 2019

Jesus Always Shows Up

Hi fellow MOPS Mamas!

I just got home from our Make & Mingle Meeting and fed my toddler toast for lunch, that's where we're at in her development if you were wondering. She eats only what she wants so I give in for breakfast and lunch, although she did eat about 12 orange slices so I call that a win!

This morning I did not want to get out of bed and when I went to wake up 4 sleeping girls at 7am none of them wanted to get up. I heard "can we just stay in bed today?" and "it's too cold to get out of bed and go to school!" And you know what I totally agreed with them, in fact I just really wanted to stay home today and have a lazy day. But we all piled in the mini van and made it to school on time.
Holiday, my toddler, and I made it to Mops on time and I sent her sassy pants to class and sat at my table ready to relax. Well it turned out our table had childcare duty. 
I knew I hadn't done it yet, so when I was asked if I wanted to do it I must admit I really didn't want to and I even used this blog as an excuse. Instantly I felt the Holy Spirit nudge my heart and I knew I needed to go. I headed over to the infant room and all the babies seemed pretty happy, but there was one who was clearly not. He was pretty upset and I really just thought that he should go be with his Mama. Ms. Avenila handed him right to me and said " Hold him, he will like you, you look like his Mom." Sure enough we settled into the rocking chair and he was soon quiet and very cuddly. It was a very sweet time of rocking a baby that my kids have outgrown. Just to sit there and rock this precious boy was exactly what I needed. Turns out it was exactly what he needed too. After my 40 minutes were up, he popped up and was ready for snack and ready to be social again. Same for me!

  These are the little treasures God gives us. He is showing us in the smallest ways He is caring for us and He knows exactly what we need. I am amazed at His love for me and His gentle reminders that He's got us. He knew I needed some respite before heading into that meeting and I didn't.

After returning to the meeting I was refreshed and ready to chat. It was a great meeting to craft, outbid each other and connect. I won a beautiful casserole carrier and Amy's coveted olives! Score!
I'll leave you all with this reminder....

The Eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms.
Deuteronomy 33:27

Hope you take some moments to breathe today and notice Him, because Jesus always shows up. Even if we don't want to get out of bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment