Tuesday, October 13, 2015

True Colors

As soon as I layed my eyes on the title of the personality quiz this morning, 'True Colors' by Cyndi Lauper came to mind. Actually it was written by Phil Collins, but I hear Cyndi Lauper singing it! Did anyone else have this record as a kid? Yes, a record!


"But I see your true colors
Shining through"

What are our true colors? Who are we really? I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with these personality tests. As a wife and mama it is so easy to forget who I am. Am I just a person who feeds people and wipes butts all day?

So I find delight in taking a personality test and seeing a glimpse at who I am as a real living human person..Spontaneous, Eager, Optimistic, Enthusiastic, Warm and Bold!

"I see your true colors
And that's why I love you
So don't be afraid to let them show"

It is so good to be encouraged by these positive attributes and remind myself that I am created in His image. My God is the creater of all things and He loves me so much that He gave me this personality for a reason!

"Your true colors
True colors are beautiful,
Like a rainbow"

The Hate side of these tests for me is feeling like I can only be that Orange/Blue girl. Don't box me in, personality quiz! At times we are all of these colors! The Holy Spirit is generous to lead us to be different things for different times. When someone is in pain, He helps me to be calm and collected, to be there for that person (which is not my go-to persona).

"If this world makes you crazy
And you've taken all you can bear
You call me up
Because you know I'll be there"

Be encouraged, dear Sisters! He has made you in His image. You are a unique, colorful rainbow. Trust that He has equipped you to serve Him in your own unique way. The Lord is faithful to provide everything we need in our current situation. So shine your light and your true colors!

"For the body is not one member, but many. If the foot says, "Because I am not a hand, I am not a part of the body," it is not for this reason any the less a part of the body" 1 Corinthians 12: 14-15

-- 
SUMMUR BRALEY

No comments:

Post a Comment