Wednesday, October 1, 2014

October Mom of the Month (M.O.M.) - Renee R.





M.O.M. (Mom of the Month) - October

Renee R.




1. Who's in your family?

My family consists of my husband, Seth (my high school sweetheart). We just celebrated our 10 year anniversary in June. I love doing life with him. We have 2 daughters. Haley will be 3 in November and Samantha is 2 1/2 months old.


2.) What is your favorite thing about MOPS?

I love how I always leave encouraged and inspired. I love the speakers that come and it is SO nice to be surrounded by a room full of moms who I can relate to because we are all at the same place in life. Raising little ones.


3.) What was your favorite Halloween costume as a kid?

Ha! Well, I attended a very conservative church school. Every Halloween they held a "Fall Gathering" but costumes were NOT allowed.Sooooo.... (shock alert) I never went Trick or Treating. 


4.) Describe your dream vacation.

A trip to Italy with my husband. No kids. :) I'd love to be tucked in a villa for a week or two eating lots of Italian food. Doesn't this picture look dreamy?





5.) What is your favorite sweet treat?

Ugh....I have to narrow it down to one? I love Boysenberry pie. It MUST be warm with a scoop of vanilla icecream.


6.) What advice or encouragement can you offer the moms in our group?

Have grace. Grace for other moms (I have NOT mastered this....work in progress). It is easy to cast judgement on the mom who is in Target with the toddler who is throwing a tantrum. It is easy to think, "Wow. She needs to discipline those kids". As moms, we all have good and bad days. Treat others as we would want to be treated. Maybe offer a word of encouragement to her. I have been the recipient of cards that have said, "You are a GREAT mom, keep up the good work". I have saved them and re~read them over and over. Oh how those words have blessed me. Let's encourage one another and have GrAcE.

No comments:

Post a Comment