Friday, September 4, 2015

Let's Flourish!

The summer is ending, you guys.

Maybe you're sad, maybe it went too fast for you. You wanted to get in that last camping trip, that last excursion to the beach; or you want more night swims and time with your family.

Or, maybe you're excited about fall because the heat makes you hate and loath and want to bite the heads off of your favorite people. I know nothing about this.

Last night the cool air blew through our windows and it held a promise. The promise of fall, cozy sweaters, pumpkin-flavored-everything, school for some of our kiddos... And MOPS!

I'm getting excited. I'm growing into this years theme, and I'm ready to flourish. I think the thing about "flourishing" is that in order to do so, you first need the right setting; you need feeding, love, care, attention. I don't know about you, but I give those things, and very little do I get anything similar back. In fact, often I feel quite empty and far from flourishing.

But this year, in spite of empty love tanks and empty stomachs, let's meet together and make a choice: let's flourish. Let's be brave, and get ready to be fed more than just a cup of cold coffee. Let's open ourselves up to fiercely loving each other into a place where flourishing no longer seems so hard.

Let's do this thing. See you all on Tuesday.


                     
      

No comments:

Post a Comment