Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Mom of the Month: September 2014


M.O.M. (Mom of the Month) - September
DeAndra T.



1.) Who is in your family?

My family consists of my husband Matthew, our son Jesse (6), our daughter Gia (4), and half of our time we have our part-time kids (nephews) Jayden and Lawrence.


2.) What is your favorite childhood memory?

My favorite childhood memory is from my junior high years. I would lay in bed with my sister Payton who is two years younger than me and tell her all my "super cool" stories from school.


3.) What is your favorite thing about MOPS?

My favorite thing about MOPS is the weird cheesy potato thing that someone ALWAYS brings. There are mornings when I am too tired to function and wanted to skip MOPS, but those cheesy potato things got me out of bed.


4.) If you had a day to yourself, what would you do?

If I had a day to myself, honestly, I would eat junk food and mindlessly watch tv until I was so full that I'm on the brink of exploding and then call my grandpa to hang out with me.


5.) What is your favorite caffeinated beverage?

My favorite caffeinated beverage is some organic coffee from Trader Joes that habitually resides in my cabinets, mixed with chocolate almond milk...but it has to be delivered to me in bed... by my husband, before I can get out of bed.... oh! And I it can't be after I've begged him for 30 minutes to bring it to me.


6.) What is one piece of advice that you would share with other moms?

The best advice I could ever give to any mom sounds cliche, but I am being 100% sincere... is to live by Proverbs 3:6--Seek His will in all you do and He will direct your paths... I have learned that all I have to do is ask, listen, and be willing to obey. The Lord will provide more than enough wisdom to live a life that is blessed beyond measure!

No comments:

Post a Comment