Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Mom of the Month!

Heather Buffa

Kids:
I have 3 kids and one on the way J Alexys is 13, Grey is 10 and Vin is 20 months. 
 
What is your favorite FREE activity to do with your family?
Riding bikes
 
What are your 10 favorite things?:
1. Family
2. Friends
3. Books
4. Reese Peanut Butter Cups
5. Wing Stop
6. Lavender
7. BBQ chicken pizza
8. Hot showers
9. The Bachelor/ Bachelorette TV show
10. Sleep
 
If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?:
Hair. Sounds strange I know, but having a teenage daughter, I wish I knew how to do all the trendy hair styles so I could help her do them.
 
What is your first memory of being really excited?:
That’s a hard one. I guess I would say, when I got my first Cabbage Patch Kids dolls for Christmas. I had to be around the age of 5 or 6. They were Twins which made it even more exciting, I remember one of them was named Tabitha and they were wearing blue velvet suits. J
 
What was your first job?:
I worked as an office aid at a company my older sister worked for. I spent all day putting together 500 page product binders L It wasn’t very fun but I still loved having a job. 
 
One piece of advice or encouragement you have for other moms...:
Have a date night with each of your kids as often as you can. Family time is really important but building a personal relationship with each of them individually is too. I find that my time spent alone with each of them is when we really get to know each other.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome!! Thanks for taking part Heather! I love your memories of Cabbage Patch Kids :) And also about being with your kids one on one, they are so different when you get them alone! Loved getting to know you better this way :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful family you have, Heather! I love the advice about having a date night with your kids individually!

    ReplyDelete